Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Killer Performer

I'm slightly late with my blog this week, the main reason being the creation of the video you see below.

I had created a trailer for my book, The Killer Performer, around the time it was launched nearly two years ago, but I was never completely happy with it as the music wasn't great. The redesign of the covers for The Reluctant Detective series gave me an opportunity to go back to that original trailer and create something that matched the new branding.

The actual process of creating the video was done in Final Cut Pro. I'm still quite inexperienced with video software and some of the jargon associated with it, but I have managed to teach myself enough to produce the trailer.

The video is produced using media from a number of stock sites. You will see the details at the end of the trailer. The great thing about these sites is the fact you can pick up great footage and music for free or a small fee.

No matter what it is you would like to promote, it's worth having a think about how you want the video to look. Due to the subject matter of the book, I knew that I wanted a concert scene to start it and that I wanted the bullet animation to lead into the cover. I searched the sites until I found the clip I was looking for and then added the other animations from a variety of sources. I think the music is much better this time round, it even allows me to use it as a cue for the credits at the end.

There are plenty of good quality apps available for both Windows and Mac computers that allow you to create a video. Why not have a go at producing something to promote your business or charity?


If you have already been creative with video, please feel free to send me a link. I'm sure there are many of you far more talented than I am.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is brilliant and you make these adventures sound so easy! Just give it a go, you say! Ok... :)

    ReplyDelete